You are using an outdated browser. To have the best experience use one of the following browsers:
What is a cookie?
A cookie is a small text file that is stored on your device (personal computer, tablet or smartphone) when visiting a website. This text file stores information that can be read by the website when visiting it again at a later date. Some of these cookies are necessary because otherwise the site is unable to function properly. Other cookies are convenient for the visitor: they remember your username in a secure way as well as your language preferences, for example. Cookies mean that you do not need to fill out the same information each time you visit a website.
To protect your details against any possible loss of information or any form of unlawful processing, this site has taken appropriate organizational and technical measures.
Which cookies are active on this website?
On this website we use following types of cookies:
- Strictly necessary cookies: These cookies are essential in order to enable you to move around the website and use its features, such as accessing secure areas of the website. Without these cookies services you have asked for, like shopping baskets or e-billing, cannot be provided.
- Performance cookies: These cookies collect information about how you use a website, for instance which pages you visit most often, and if you get error messages from web pages. These cookies don’t collect information that identifies you. All information these cookies collect is aggregated and therefore anonymous. It is only used to improve how a website works.
- Functionality cookies: These cookies allow the website to remember choices you make (such as your user name, language or the region you are in) and provide enhanced, more personal features. For instance, a website may be able to provide you with local weather reports or traffic news by storing in a cookie the region in which you are currently located. These cookies can also be used to remember changes you have made to text size, fonts and other parts of webpages that you can customize. They may also be used to provide services you have asked for such as watching a video or commenting on a blog. The information these cookies collect may be anonymized and they cannot track your browsing activity on other websites.
- Targeting cookies or advertising cookies: These cookies are used to deliver adverts more relevant to you and your interests. They are also used to limit the number of times you see an advertisement as well as help measure the effectiveness of the advertising campaign. They are usually placed by advertising networks with the website operator’s permission. They remember that you have visited a website and this information is shared with other organizations such as advertisers. Quite often targeting or advertising cookies will be linked to site functionality provided by the other organization.
How can I disable cookies?
You can modify your browser to turn off cookies. This is very easy to do. Please note: if you disable cookies, your user name and password will no longer be stored on any website.
- Open Google Chrome
- Click on the tool icon
- Select 'Settings’
- Near the bottom of the page, click ‘Show advanced settings’
- In the ‘Privacy’ section, click ‘Content settings’
- To disable cookies, select ‘Block sites from setting any data’
- Open Safari
- Choose ‘Preferences’ in the toolbar and then click ‘Privacy’ (You can find the tool bar which looks like a gearwheel, above and on the right in the Safari window.)
- In the ‘Block cookies’ section, you can specify if and when Safari should accept cookies from websites to see an explanation of the options, click the Help button (question mark)
- If you want to see which websites store cookies on your computer, click here to see details
- Open Firefox
- At the top of the Firefox window, click on the ‘Firefox’ button and then select ‘Options’
- Select the ‘Privacy’ panel
- Set ‘Firefox will:’ to ‘Use custom settings for history’. Uncheck ‘Accept cookies from sites’ to disable cookies
- Click ‘OK’ to close the Options window